cookies. gotta love 'em.
...and we do bake the occasional cookie. Therefor only for you: our favorite recipe.
hip white chocolate macadamia cookies
• 180 g brown sugar
• 1 package vanilla sugar
• 150 g butter (melted)
• 1 egg
• 2 tbsp milk
• 200 g wheat flour
• 1 tbsp baking powder
• 125 g salted macadamia nuts
• 175 g white chocolate
1. In a bowl, mix the sugar, vanilla sugar and melted butter, then add the egg and milk and beat everything. With a dough hook knead in the flour and baking powder. The dough is quite soft and sticky. When everything is thoroughly mixed, you can put in the nuts and chocolate. Press dough into a small ball in the bowl and place it in the refrigerator for about an hour.
2. Preheat the oven to 190° C top/bottom heat and prepare two baking sheets with baking paper. Now you can pierce the dough with a tablespoon and put it on the baking sheet with sufficient distance as no heaps. Press only a little, do not flatten, the cookies run apart during baking and become flatter. Make sure that there is enough space between the heaps of dough. For us, about 8 cookies fit on the tray.
3. Bake the trays one after the other in the oven for about seven minutes. Stay in the kitchen, because at the end, the cookies may suddenly turn very dark. The biscuits are very soft when they come out of the oven and will firm up a bit as they cool, so they won't break apart right away. They remain soft on the inside.
4. The White Chocolate Macadamia Cookies can also be frozen very well. We just put them on a plate to defrost.